Did you know that Take Your Dog to Work Day is this Friday, June 24th? Although it’s hard for us to believe that people can’t take their dogs to work every day (we’re lucky enough to be able to!), we’re excited that others will be able to experience having a dog in the workplace. Here’s a list of reasons why dogs are so great to have in the office:
- They’re therapeutic. There are therapy dogs for a reason! Dogs bring comfort, especially when one is feeling stressed. All you have to do is give some love to a dog to make your day better than it was!
- They’re entertaining. Glance over at a dog and they’re guaranteed to make you laugh or smile. It’s worth taking your eyes off of your computer for a minute!
- They give you a reason to go outside. Dogs have to go for a walk and go to the bathroom, which is a great way for you to get out of your office and enjoy some fresh air. It’s relaxing!
- They’re out of the house. How much guilt do you feel when you have to leave your dog for work? We do when we don’t bring them to the office. Bringing them to work not only relieves your stress, but relieves theirs from being at home anxiously waiting for you to get back!
- They get to explore new surroundings. When dogs go to a new place, they’re excited because of all the new smells! They sometimes can get a little frightened at the beginning, so make sure to keep them comfortable. We recommend bringing a mat or a favorite toy of theirs that smells like home.
We encourage everyone to bring their dog to work this Friday. If you do, make sure to share your pictures with us on Facebook or tag us on Instagram (@muttropolis)!