We LOVE summer. But, news flash: it’s hot. Humans are able to keep in tune with our bodies and know when we need to be cool, but how can you tell when your dog is hot? Signs of heatstroke in dogs can include excessive panting, bright red tongue, thick, sticky saliva and dizziness, to name a few. How can heatstroke be prevented? Keep them cool! We’ve come up with a list of five things that are sure to keep your dog cool during the warm months.
1. The Kool Collar. Add some ice and clip around your dog’s neck. It’ll cool down your pup’s whole body!
2. Make sleeping a breeze with a Pressure Activated Cool Pet Pad. If they made this in a human size, we’d want one. This pad is pressure activated and will keep your pup cool for 3-4 hours. The “coolest” part? It re-charges itself automatically when it’s not being used – no refrigeration, water or electricity needed!
3. Freeze a toy! Toys like the Chilly Bone and the Freezable Popsicle are made to freeze. All you have to do is soak the toy and pop it in the freezer. Not only will these toys cool your pup down, but they promote teeth and gum health!
4. A cooling vest is always a good idea. The iCool vest is made of water-cooling material and doesn’t need any refrigeration. Let the vest soak, wring out the excess water and voila! Your pup will be cool in no time!
5. Let them take a swim! A good ol’ swim will definitely help your pup cool down! The Ruffwear K9 Float Coat is the dog version of a life jacket – need we say more?
Summer can be fun if you keep your and your pup safe at all times. To check out more ways to keep your dog cool, peep our Summer Essentials Collection. Enjoy!