Buddy Belts, our most popular harness, are 20% off for one week only! This special offer started today and runs through Monday, May 20th. Buddy Belt leashes are on sale too, so it is the perfect time to purchase a brand new combination for your pup. These humane harnesses not only come highly recommended by customers, veterinarians rave about them too as they provide safe and secure comfort and control.
With a collar-like design, Buddy Belts are made to eliminate stress on the pet’s neck. Traditional neck collars can cause unnecessary strain and discomfort which can result in damage to the trachea and/or spine of the pet. Buddy Belts provide a high quality, fashionable and functional solution for this hazardous occurrence. With a unique, easy to us step-in design, Buddy Belt harnesses offer optimum upper mobility, allowing pets to move naturally. Each harness fastens between the shoulder blades and the pet’s front legs extend through two holes. We carry a wide variety of colors in both Buddy Belt harnesses and leashes, all handcrafted from 100% soft double-layered leather.
As mentioned, this special 20% offer will only be valid through Monday May 20th, so act fast! Customers can visit any one of our Muttropolis store locations or visit Muttropolis.com to shop our Buddy Belt assortment. Online customers must use coupon code BUDDYUP at checkout to receive their discount.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, so we’ve launched a photo contest on Facebook for those women with four-legged kiddos. Please post your favorite Mommy + Me picture on our Muttropolis Facebook Page for all to enjoy and for a chance to win a $150 Muttropolis Gift Card! Our contest is running through Mother’s Day, Sunday April 12th. The winner will be selected at random and announced on Monday, April 13th. We can’t wait to see your snapshots!
For one week only we’re offering free shipping on all purchases that include a collar, leash or harness. Act fast as this special offer only runs through May 13th. With one of the widest collar, leash and harness assortments on the planet, you’re sure to find the perfect choice for your four-legged family member. Redeem this limited time offer at Muttropolis.com by using code SHIPMUTTS during checkout.
With safety at top of mind and a dedication to finding the latest and most innovative products for your pet, we’ve teamed up with Pup Protector to be the first retailer to introduce their fashionably safe collars and leashes!
Pup Protector was born after tragedy struck Trevor Jensen and Naraku, his beloved Weimaraner. For six years, the duo walked every morning before sunrise to maintain optimum mental and physical health. However, one morning at 4:45AM, Trevor was struck by a car after throwing Naraku out of the way. Not until that morning did Trevor realize the real danger that the two of them faced going out in the dark without lights and/or reflective gear. In search for a solution, Trevor was inspired to build the Pup Protector brand.
With a passion to protect every dog that walks in the dark and a realization that there was nothing on the market that could meet that need, Trevor started designing and developing a line of ultra-bright lighted LED collars and leashes. Made with cutting edge thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), often used in various eco-friendly products, Pup Protector collars and leashes are safe and durable. Featuring a row of extremely bright LED lights with three settings, one static and two different flashing modes, protective pup parents are able to adjust for maximize visibility, accommodating preferences and safety concerns. Each collar and leash has a small battery affixed that will last for roughly 30 hours if lights are left on static mode. If blinking, the battery life may last even longer. For consumer convenience, all Pup Protector products are designed to use flat batteries, also used for watches and financial calculators and available in many retail locations.
The benefits of choosing a Pup Protector collar and leash goes far beyond keeping your four-legged friend safe during early morning or late night walks, you’re also able to (1) easily spot your dog off leash, (2) distinguish your dog in a large pack or at a dog park, (3) keep an eye on your dog in your yard, and (4) differentiate between multiple dogs by choosing collars with different LED colors. Built on a passion to protect and a desire to make a movement, Pup Protector stands behind their products, offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We’re happy to announce our participation in the 22nd Annual Pug Party put on by Pug Rescue of San Diego County (PRSDC), an all-volunteer organization dedicated to rescuing unwanted, neglected, abandoned or relinquished pugs and placing them in new, loving and caring home environments. The party will take place from 10AM to 4PM at the Infield Pavilion area of the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
The Del Mar Pug Party is the PRSDC’s largest fundraiser, with over 500 pugs in attendance each year. This year’s theme is “Pug Super Heroes,” with costume contests, talent competitions and chow down competitions for all pug attendees to enjoy. Contest entry fees are $5 per pug per contest. After enjoying those activities, pugs can relax and socialize at the exclusive Pug Café while owners shop at the Unique Pug Boutique and vendor booths, enter in the raffle for a chance to win one of the 20 basket prizes, or socialize over refreshments. There will also be an “Ask the Vet” booth with three registered veterinarian technicians available to answer questions and clip nails.
Our involvement in this year’s event includes the donation of a raffle prize and attendance at a vendor booth. We’ll be offering specially selected, pug perfect products including Buddy Belt Dog Harnesses and matching Buddy Belt Leashes, all handcrafted from 100% soft, double-layered leather. Buddy Belt Dog Harnesses are one of our most popular harnesses and come highly recommended by veterinarians as they provide both comfort and control while eliminating any stress on the pet’s neck. The leather is very durable, yet softens and molds to the pet’s body for a custom fit.To help pugs beat the heat we’ll also have Gulpy Water Dispensers. These dispensers are a great way to take H2O on the go, functioning as both a water bottle and bowl in one. And for treats, we will have Mutt Munchers, our Muttropolis exclusive dog treats made locally in Southern California. Grain-free with only all natural, human-grade ingredients, Mutt Munchers are delicious and nutritious, available in a variety of flavors for pup’s differing dietary needs and preferences.
The Annual Pug Party will be a fun-filled, memorable event for all, and we are very happy to be a part. For more information about the PRSDC’s 22nd Annual Pug Party, visit www.pugbutts.com.
Our much loved Mutt Munchers are the “Treat of the Month” for May! Delicious, nutritious and made fresh in local Southern California, these grain-free dog treats, exclusive to Muttropolis, are 33% off all month long.
Available in a wide variety of flavors, Mutt Munchers are sure to compliment any pup’s dietary needs and preferences. Our current assortment includes Peanut Butter Poppers, Blueberry, Banana Split, Salmon Snappers, Bacon Bites, Liver Lovers, and the new and improved Meatball, now made with more meat! All flavors are grain-free and include only all natural, human-grade ingredients. Garbonzo beans take the place of grain, resulting in a tasty treat that is packed with protein and a good source of dietary fiber.
Why choose grain-free? Grains are a common allergy in dogs and can cause itchiness and other uncomfortable symptoms. Because grains take much longer to break down in the stomach, dogs often have trouble digesting them. Sticking with food and treats that are grain-free will make a positive impact on any pup’s health.
One of our loyal Muttropolis customers described her and her pup’s happiness with the Bacon Bites Mutt Munchers as such:
These treats are wonderful! They smell absolutely delicious, which is a refreshing change from most commercially available dog treats. They are the perfect size for providing a small snack, without having to worry about my corgi putting on weight. They are a good value, as well. One bag lasts about 2 months, and that’s with giving her 1-2 treats each day. – CorgiSD from San Diego
Delicious, nutritious and cost efficient, Mutt Munchers are a great addition to any dog’s diet! So don’t miss out, they are only on sale from May 1st through May 31st. Online customers can redeem this special offer at Muttropolis.com by using the code MUNCH33 at checkout. The promotion is also being offered at all three of our Southern California store locations.
Our new Nautical collection has arrived at Muttropolis stores and online at Muttropolis.com! Whether your pup is an avid sailor or simply loves the ocean infused style, this collection is sure to offer some fun, fashionable additions to their wardrobe, toy box, or resting place.
Stripes, flags and anchors decorate our new nautical apparel offerings. Have a boy dog that likes to take the helm? Then the 100% cotton Captain Dog Tank is just what he needs! For girl pups, we have the Nautical Sailor Dog Dress or Anchor Dog Dress, both dainty and adorable. Our very popular Puppia offerings, the Love Boat Dog Tank and Anchor Dog Harness are great gender neutral options. Puppia vest harnesses are often a customer favorite, constructed with velcro closures at the neck and chest to eliminate pulling and ensure the pup is safely secured and comfortable.
Care for something a little more cultural? The Nautical Flags Dog Collar and Leash set and Nautical Dog Collar and Leash set are covered in bright flags and symbols, perfect for pups that enjoy the open ocean! If anchors are more your speed, the Anchors Dog Collar and Leash set features red anchors on crisp blue and white stripes. All sets are made in the USA with quality ribbon sewn onto durable nylon webbing, featuring buckle closures and D-rings.
If you have a beach house, or simply like beach décor, you should take a look at the Nautical Boat Print Indoor-Outdoor Dog Bed Cover. It can be used to cover an old bed or stuffed with standard sized pillows, blankets or clothes to create a brand new bed. Having the versatility to move this bed from indoors to outdoors is a great feature, especially during the summer when pups love to bask in the sun! We’ve also included quite a few futons in this collection since they are lightweight and portable, can be used in crates, rolled up for travel, or used as a great alternative to a bulky, heavy bed. The Anchors Print Dog Futon and Coral Starfish Dog Futon are two of our favorites for ocean lovers.
Last but not least, our nautical toy collection is full of fun canine crowd pleasers. The Lobster Extra Tough Dog Toy is built to last, made with multiple layers of flexible materials and two rows of double stitching. Have less of a rough-houser? The Rope Starfish Dog Toy is beautifully crafted and built to withstand throwing, slinging and gnawing, while also aiding in keeping your pups teeth and gums clean. Toys are a great gift, whether for your own four-legged family member or a friend’s. Every pup deserves something new for summertime!
Happy Earth Day everyone! With an ever increasing abundance of eco-friendly products and services across industries, it is no surprise that planet friendly pet products and practices are also on the rise. We here at Muttropolis are very proud to offer a wide, and always expanding, assortment of eco-friendly pet products. It is our hope to help reduce carbon pawprints by providing pets with organic dog toys, collars and leashes, biodegradable poop bags and eco-friendly pet beds, just to name a few!
In honor of Earth Day, and in an effort to educate pet parents and promote the reduction of carbon pawprints, we’ve put together this short list of eco-friendly suggestions:
1) Get rid of pet junk food. Since nutrition is essential for optimum pet health, it is important to look for natural and organic pet foods, free of artificial and genetically engineered ingredients and additives. Look for meat sources that are raised in sustainable, humane conditions. Many pet food brands include reconstituted animal by-products, essentially low-grade wastes that humans wouldn’t touch, let alone eat. At Muttropolis, we carry a large variety of safe, All Natural Dog Food (including Dehydrated varieties), All Natural Dog Treats, Natural Dog Supplements, and a small assortment of All Natural Cat Food and Treats as well.
2) Pick up poop the biodegradable way. Use biodegradable bags to pick up your pet’s poop so that it doesn’t live in a plastic bag at the bottom of a landfill, lasting for hundreds of years to come. We carry eco-friendly poop pick-up bags, some more eco-friendly than others, with White Compostable Pick-up Bags at the top of the environmentally friendly list. They are made from 100% renewable resources, protecting the environment by degrading in as little as 40 days.
3) Spoil your pet with sustainable products. Saving the planet can be fun for your pets too! Choose products that are made from recycled materials or sustainable fibers. Hemp is a great choice, as it is one of the most abundantly occurring crops in nature and makes super-strong fabric. Check out our Hemp Star Dog Collar and Leash set that was seen on the CBS Early Show, or the popular Eco Nap Recycled Fleece Dog Mat, made from 85% recycled plastic soda bottles! Our sustainable product assortment doesn’t stop there, with many more toys and beds that are made from recyclable fibers, or made to be recycled.
4) Choose natural pet care and cleaning products. We carry quite a few grooming products that are all natural and free of harsh chemicals, such as Richard’s Organics Deodorant Dog Shampoo and Petkin’s Eco Bamboo Pet Wipes and Eye Wipes, all gentle on your pet and the planet. Steer clear of those brands that produce chemical laced grooming products.
5) Make sure your pet always wears a tag. Losing a pet can be trying both emotionally and environmentally. Printing posters and driving around town in search of your missing four-legged friend has an environmental impact that could be avoided if you were alerted quickly that they were found. Whether you choose an electronic ID chip or a hang tag, the important thing is that your contact information is easily accessible. Our large Engravable Pet Tag includes Chrome Pet Tags in a variety of shapes, Stainless Steel Pet Tags with different image and color options, as well as Decorate Metal Pet Tags. There is a style and size suitable for every pet!Now is as good a time as ever to start reducing your pet’s carbon pawprints! Please visit Muttropolis.com or one of our three Southern California store locations to shop our eco-friendly assortment and learn more about planet friendly pet practices.
In honor of the ASPCA’s Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, we have been hosting extra adoptions in all three of our Muttropolis stores. For those who don’t know, the ASPCA is the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the first humane society to be established in North America. Each year during the month of April, they reintroduce an awareness campaign, urging supporters to “Go Orange for Animals.” Orange was chosen for the campaign because it is a very vibrant, energetic color, used to motivate supporters to join the campaign to improve the lives of animals across the country. A wide variety of involvement options are posted on the ASPCA website.
We know that awareness is key to the success of this campaign, so please join us in educating current and potential supporters about the abundance of physical, behavioral and environmental signs of animal cruelty. Some common signs and symptoms of animal cruelty include tick or flea infestations, wounds on the body, patches of missing hair, extremely thin and starving animals, limping, physical abuse, pets who are repeatedly left alone without food or water, animals who are kept in extreme weather conditions, and animals who cower in fear or act aggressively when approached.
In an effort to make it easier to get involved, the ASPCA has compiled the following top 10 ways that you can crack down on animal cruelty:
1) Know who to call to report animal cruelty.
2) Get to know and look for the animals in your neighborhood.
3) Make the call.
4) Provide as much information as possible when reporting animal cruelty.
5) Contact your local law enforcement department and let them know that investigating animal cruelty should be a priority.
6) Fight for the passage of strong anti-cruelty laws on federal, state and local levels by joining the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade.
7) Set a good example for others. If you have pets, be sure to always show them the love and good care they deserve.
8) Talk to your kids about how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
9) Support your local shelter or animal rescue organization.
10) Start a Neighborhood Watch Program.
To show our dedication and support for this cause, we’ve hosted 1 to 2 pet adoption events every weekend in April and will continue to do so through the end of the month. Listed below are the next three adoptions events, one in each store.
Foundation for the Care of Indigent Animals – Saturday, April 20th from 10:30am-2pm in Solana Beach
SNAP (Spay Neuter Action Project) Adoption – Saturday, April 27th from 11am-2pm in La Jolla