With Thanksgiving just hours away, it's important to step away from the stove, put down the gravy ladle and remember that the Thanksgiving holiday is really about expressing gratitude for the blessings and goodness in our lives … in addition to consuming mass amounts of food and slipping into a food coma by 5pm.
In addition to reflecting upon the goodness in our own lives that we are thankful for, we thought that it might be fun to think about what our pets might be thankful for this Thanksgiving season!
20 Things My Dogs are Thankful for This Thanksgiving
To find out what my dogs Lulu, Zazou & Kiki ( pictured below) might be thankful for this season, we *snuck a peek* in their gratitude journals this week and here’s what we discovered they are thankful for...any of this look familiar?
1) A warm cozy dog bed to curl up into every night
2) Morning cuddle time when everyone first gets up in the am
3) The joys found within the dirty clothes basket
4) Tasty, healthy dog food that doesn’t taste like cardboard
5) That the scary, loud purple machine that mom pushes around the carpet is kept in the closet most of the time
6) Petfinder – for bringing us together
7) Dirty dishes for us to prewash in the dishwasher
8) For the tall fence that separates us from the big scary dog next door
9) That we successfully scare away the hot air balloons that hover over our house by merely barking at them
10) For the many porcelain petting stations in the house.
11) Dogswell Vitality Treats - particularly Happy Hips Chicken
12) Houseguests that leave their purses on the floor, preferably unzipped
13) The Sirius 'Coffeehouse Music' channel for when mom and dad are not home
14) When the internet connection goes down …because then our people have to get up and play with us
15) Soiled dinner napkins accidentally left on the floor
16) When our people finally get off the phone or when their phone battery dies...which means they will pay more attention to us
17) Car rides (to anywhere but the vet)
18) The mysterious delicacy that is cat poop
19) Warm clothes straight out of the dryer
20) That dad inadvertently drops a lot of noms on the floor when preparing food in the kitchen
Do any of these sound familiar? If your pet had a gratitude journal, what might it say? Share your comments below or on our Muttropolis Facebook Page!